Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Farmer Lilli

Farmer Lilli got to help me in the garden last Saturday morning. I was even able to talk her into letting me put her hair up in pigtails for the occasion. I was surprised she liked it, and ever since she's been wanting to wear her hair up. It's still so thin though!!! Not like my hair at all.....but at least we're finally starting to get somewhere.
She was all about working in the garden, but mostly she just threw dirt the whole time. I don't know what it is about dirt, but this kid loves it.
We worked in the garden for about two hours while Brent was digging up the backyard for the new walkways. Sometimes she'd dig with me and sometimes she'd dig with him.
Brent had moved our patio umbrella over so we'd have shade but she was still a hot, sweaty mess.
I didn't buy a ton of garden plants last weekend, our Home Depot really didn't have a lot. I just got a few peppers and tomatoes to get started, as well as some herbs that didn't come back.
I've already got a ton of herbs that survived the winter or came back - sage, parsley, cilantro, chives and oregano.

Helping me plant some new chives -
And what was Pippin doing all morning while we were working hard??? Supervising in the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment