Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Twas the Night Before Christmas

One last Christmas Eve post.....

After we ate some leftover Lilli was playing with all the toys she gotten that day, along with the stuff she already had - here she demonstrates accepting everything the season has to offer - baby Jesus right next to Santa, Mary and a Wise Man! Ha!Every year (even before Lilli) we've always read Twas the Night Before Christmas. Last year she fussed through most of it (we got started a little late) but this year she listened to most of the story. I think all the pictures of her buddy Santa helped!

Pippin had to get right in on it too.....
Afterwards we put out the cookies she had made on the 23rd for Santa. Pippin was in hot pursuit of the little girl with a plate full of cookies!
She left them by the living room fireplace, just like last year. I figure before too many Christmases pass she'll want to leave them at the fireplace in her own bedroom! I bet that will be pretty exciting for her one day - how many kids have a direct doorway for Santa to enter their room??? (On a side note, I can't believe I didn't decorate that fireplace or hang stockings last year??? I always put garland out on the mantels...)
We also left her little spinning Santa (who she always keeps sunglasses on) by the fireplace. She had to give him a hug before going Nighty Night.
Someone else was on HOT pursuit of the cookies once she walked away. Of course Brent was right there with the camera to shoo him away - in his older, crotchety age Pippin has become quite bold.
And here was the scene on our deck Christmas Eve with the snow coming down! Reporters say it was the first White Christmas Nashville had had in 17 years - since I wasn't in Nashville 17 years ago I'm really not sure when my last white Christmas was, and I really don't remember having any.
That's all for tonight, this cold is getting on my nerves!!! Last night (and yesterday) I just felt awful like my head was splitting open, tonight my nose is just running like crazy and I don't have much of a voice. I feel better but am just so tired! Hopefully it will clear up in the next day or two with some rest (yeah, right! Like that's possible!)

No comments:

Post a Comment