Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Assistant

Lilli is feeling a lot better today! She slept better last night and was only up at 10:30, 2 and then 4. (And that's a MAJOR improvement over the last couple of days.) She's still congested with a runny nose, but the fever's gone and the cough is greatly improved.

Tonight I had her help me make some cookies for one of her former teachers, Mrs Sammi. Her birthday was on Tuesday, but I'm sure she won't mind them being a little late! She always loves it when I send my homemade sugar cookies, so we made a batch for her (and a few extras for Lilli's class!) She had SO much fun helping me spoon out the sugar and flour to pour into the KitchenAid.
And she dumped about an entire cup of sugar down my shirt, flour was in her hair, and Pippin was in heaven with everything being dumped on the floor. She wanted to crack and egg so bad - this recipe calls for 4 eggs and after she had watched me crack a couple she grabbed one and kept hitting it on top of the flour canister and I had to stop her several times from trying to toss an entire egg in the KitchenAid.
I rolled them out, baked, and iced them after she went to bed. She was still so incredibly tired that she hardly ate any dinner, and then we had her in bed by 7. Her energy has been so much lower this week with her infection.

Before dinner we did play some ball with Pippin. I don't think he saw the ball coming in this one, ha!
Think fast Pippin!Here he is in mid attack! She loves to throw the ball for him, it just doesn't go too far and sometimes he gets a little bored.Hopefully we'll have another good night tonight and Lilli will feel even better tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I love cooking with my daughter too! It's always an adventure!

    Love your blog!
    Lori
    www.afamilyslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete