Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Silly Geese and Toddlers

This week we met our good friend Meredith out for dinner. She was one of the very first people to come and meet Lilli, entertained her a few weeks later at a baby shower, brought us dinner about a million times right after she was born, and was even the first person who invited Lilli over for a dinner party (I'm sure I have pics of that SOMEWHERE! We're working on going back and tagging our photos to make things easier to find.)

Meredith has started going to a church with a few more singles (since our class is FULL of babies - about 8 were born in our class last year and I think there will be 4 more this year!) I can't blame her, but we miss seeing her! She works in the school system so she's getting to enjoy the summer (so jealous!) so it was really easy to meet her over in our neighhorhood for dinner. Our original plan was to try a new vegetarian restaurant in our neighborhood, but we both checked out the menu before meeting up and thankfully both decided it was WAY heavy on the tofu and just not what we wanted. We like vegetarian fare - black beans, cheese, eggplant or even sweet potato based dishes, but this place was pretty much tofu on buns - a VERY limited menu. So we swapped plans and went to The Silly Goose in the same complex instead.Lilli loves their basil lemonade and just jumped right in on my drink!!! Their food is GREAT, my only complaint is it's fairly slow. HOWEVER, this is a by product of everything being made super fresh, when you order. It's just kind of a pain with a hungry toddler. I'd given her a snack right before we left, but she wanted DINNER, so I had to let her have her hot dog and fruit I'd brought before we even got our meal. She was good though, just getting a little fussy to eat. I prefer her to look at books and play with toys and then eat when we eat, but tonight she just got to eat a little ahead of us!
Here's Brent's sandwich - so fresh and delicious! Worth the wait....just a little tougher with a hungry, active toddler!
My dinner - chicken and couscous! Lilli enjoyed my couscous. She's a big fan of anything "ricey". I almost cleaned my plate, and the portions and food are just the right size where you're full but don't feel gross. I love that!
She got a little restless, but it's a small enough place she could run around a little while we ate and she was a HUGE fan of the owner. He was playing peek-a-boo with her from behind the counter and every time he'd pass by she'd wave. A MUCH better dinner out than last Friday night with Liam's family. If we had eaten a little earlier and the food was a little faster she would've been perfect.

Afterwards we took a few pics in the parking lot. Have I mentioned how hard it is to get Lil to look at the camera these days? She has a mind of her own.....(and thinks she is very clever for NOT looking).
I was blowing raspberries on her neck to try and get her to smile, so she's putting her face on mine to get me to keep doing it. She's a turkey!
We really did not get a good group shot!
I think this one is sweet! I had taken her back from Meredith and she held her hands back out to go back to her. Stinker! (Although I do really, really like that she's usually pretty social and friendly to our friends!)
I had grabbed a couple of bucks to run in and get an iced coffee from Ugly Mugs before we headed home. I love this "Show Me the Money" pose!
We had a great dinner out and Lilli loved seeing her Auntie M!

No comments:

Post a Comment