Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Little Helper

I have a little helper in everything I do!When I was Windexing off our window drawings she wanted her own paper towel and had so much fun helping clean. Then she was all about helping me sweep and clean the kitchen floor.Yesterday instead of battling around with her after work I decided to let her "help" me fix dinner. I got her a plastic fork, her own cutting board and a potato. She couldn't have been happier! (Potatoes weren't even on the menu, but they were great for her to play with and not easily bruised.)Of course she was a lot more interested in the garlic and onion I was chopping for dinner, but that's fine! We worked "together" and had all the veggies chopped before Brent was even home.
Pippin was even mesmerized by us preparing dinner on the floor, ha!
Tonight we had another great and healthy dinner - homemade chicken enchiladas! So good and she loved it! The enchiladas were made with (fat free) refried beans, green chiles, and salsa, with cheese sprinkled on top. Much lower in fat and calories than a lot of enchilada recipes. We had black beans and rice on the side and Lilli gobbled it all up. Some days I think she has a better palate than a lot of picky adults we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment