Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Lilli in Lulu

Here she is Sunday morning in a Baby Lulu dress.Of course I didn't pay $50 for it, I paid $4 at a consignment sale. I'm not even a huge fan of Baby Lulu, but I couldn't pass it up for $4. On our way to church she had some important phone calls to make. She cracks us up - she'll put it up to her ear and just say "hey" repeatedly. I had to "lock" my phone where she can press buttons but it won't call out since she has made several calls and sent several text messages. I have learned (the hard way) important settings like call volume can still be changed when the phone is locked.
After church a lot of times we'll do our grocery shopping for the week. She LOVES to grocery shop. We used to give her "fun" things to hold and play with (like rice or other fun things to shake or squeeze).
Her current obsession now is to throw things in the basket - anything she can do to be like "us", since she sees that is what our purpose is at the grocery store. Everything gets tossed with full toddler vengeance, so you'd better not give her anything glass!
And then she just HAS to help us put up groceries. Our current trick is to just send stuff back and forth between us. She just likes to help and have any sort of job. I guess we weren't keeping her busy enough because I turned around and she'd moved all her travel Goldfish bags into the crisper along with a few other snacks. Maybe she's onto a new trend!

Currently we're smack in the middle of my least favorite week of the year - CMA Fan Festival. This is when all the country music freaks invade our city through this upcoming Monday and get up close and personal with their favorite artists. Great concept, but it's miserable for us since we live, work, and have daycare downtown. It took me an hour and 45 minutes for my total 6 mile commute to get Lilli and come home. That's an extra hour in my afternoon that I DON'T want to contribute to country music or tourists and traffic jams. MISERABLE. Every year I say we need to be on vacation this week and if the rest of the week is like that I will be booking us something a year out!

No comments:

Post a Comment