Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Good Eats

A few of the good tasting things we've had lately!
Last week's box had some fun and exciting changes! We had our weekly eggs, blueberries!, 2 Pattypan squash, I bought some goat cheese extra, broccoli, one onion, bok choy, pork ribs (our weekly surprise meat), I bought some chicken and beef, red onions, a bag of kale and a bag of Oregon peas.

We used some of the blueberries to make Blueberry Oat Waffles last Saturday. They were SO good! A nice, filling waffle. You really don't need more than one of them!

Below is Grilled Asian Chicken with Napa Cabbage Salad and rice. So good!! I grilled my chicken a little longer than I like, but it was still great. The salad and dressing were delicious, we've really gotten into making fancy salads and you can't beat a homemade dressing. We've made that one a few times since then! The dressing makes quite a bit and has a really nice spice to it. Brent always says he really doesn't like shrimp, but whenever we make it he never complains! This Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp (below) was SO fast and easy and delicious. And since it's from a low fat recipe website I like to use it was also pretty healthy! We paired it with corn and more Napa salad. And I think Brent liked it even more because there was some great shadows and light coming through the window when we were plating!
This one was just ok - crustless spinach and cheese quiche (we had a bag of fresh spinach from the CSA to use). We had some turkey bacon and salad to go with it. (Yes, we've had a LOT of salads lately from all the cabbages/lettuce in our box!) The feta was really good in it, but it was nothing special.Fish tacos! We've made these before but I don't think we took a picture. We always get butcher cut fish so it's a little thicker. And we wrap it up like a burrito and Lil will eat it too! And we got to use some of the regular cabbage from our CSA box. Served with rice and roasted broccoli, also from our box.
This Garlic Chicken Stir Fry recipe was great - very fast and easy, and helped us use up more of the Snow Peas we've now gotten four weeks in a row in our box. (Seriously, they are very good but no more snow peas!!!) AND, I got to use the first green pepper out of my own garden in the recipe!
Brent had a lot of fun photographing this one, too! He's much better with food photography than I am. We roasted up our beets, and made this salad with lettuce from our box, pecans from my grandparents farm and then goat cheese I also bought from the CSA group. I'm pretty sure that's my favorite fancy salad we've made so far. And we paired it with Sauteed Swiss Chard. Except for the rice we served the stir fry on, every single thing on our plate was grown right here in Tennessee!
I've been wanting to make some good enchiladas lately, and I really liked this recipe. It was very simple and I made it all the night before after Lilli went to bed and then stuck it in the oven when we got home from work. Done and Done! The zucchini in it really intrigued me and it was such a nice blend and an extra touch of veggie. We paired it with a Bok Choy Salad we've had a few times lately and really enjoyed. At first all the greens really intimidated us, but now I'm getting sad they're starting to run out! We served the Bok Choy Salad to Brent's dad last night along with this Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken dish. We've done a different Santa Fe Crock dish before, but this one is a bit heartier and healthier. Lots of veggies in there and it's very filling. We also made the honey carrots/snow peas recipe. We really have a LOT of snow peas around here....
Tonight we made Honey Ribs in the crock pot using the pork ribs we got last Wednesday in the box. It was a very nice cut of meat, but we typically buy a much meatier rib. And they cooked a bit too long in the crockpot and were sort of dry, but still had good flavor. We had them with this Cabbage Salad with Apples and Ginger Vinaigrette that is really close to the Beet Salad as being my favorite! I added some of our goat cheese to it and it was to die for.
Above - very excited to find a big juicy worm!
Uh oh - one big juicy worm is now two worms. And it's not moving very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment