Sunday, November 20, 2011

Grocery Challenge Week 2

We had another great Grocery week today, I ended up spending $80, which was $74 before tax so I'll count that as hitting my $75 goal. With coupons/Kroger plus I saved 16% which is right around the norm for me. The big one this week was milk, I needed lots of Lillis and mine and that was $15 right there.

We ate some good things last week, here's a few of the recipes:

Napa Cabbage Salad - this dressing is SO good and makes the recipe. Now that our CSA is over (thank goodness) other than the ton of fall squash we have this was about the last thing left in the fridge from it.

Garlic Lime Pork Chops - I'm not a huge pork chop person, but these were pretty good. The pork chops were also from our CSA. We marinated overnight and it was pouring rain so we grilled indoors on the George Foreman. We did get Lilli to eat some and she liked it so that was a win.

Chicken Taco Cornbread Pie
- This was also super easy and really good. The leftovers for lunch the following days were also really good.

We also did some other simple things like Breakfast for Dinner, Hamburger Helper (not really great but does help clean out my pantry) and one night we had dinner out at Chuck E Cheese with some friends.

So far so good with the Grocery Challenge and I'm sure Lilli and I can find some ways to spend all the money we're saving around town, especially at the new Nordstroms!

No comments:

Post a Comment