Sunday, November 13, 2011

Groceries and Randoms

Silly birds....

I think she picks this idea up from Brent. And I hope you like this awful Jasmine dress because it's her favorite thing in the world and as soon as it's clean it's the next outfit she wears. When she wears it to school she makes her teachers rub it all day. No lie.At school. Wearing jeans. That only happened because the day before her BFF wore jeans (she also on wears dresses/skirts/tights) and I made a huge deal about it, so she did actually wear them once. But as soon as we got home they came off "because they hurt her body". It's going to be a long and cold winter....
The back door neighbors promptly got their turkey out the day after Halloween.
This caused much rejoicing!
I did great with my grocery challenge for this week. My goal was $75, which is $25 per person. I ended up with $82 for the week, which does include $6 of tax. Back that off and I was just $1 over which isn't bad considering $10 was for a pack of Lilli's overnight Pullups which will last a couple of weeks. And I needed a ton of produce this week (all organic) which really adds up. So I was really pleased and very impressed, that's the lowest our bill has been in some time. I stuck to the list, and the only things I bought that weren't on the list were strawberries and bananas, which were on a good sale.

A couple of new, good recipes of late:

Asian Peanut Beef & Noodles - this one was really easy and something we all three enjoyed. I think it's the first time I've ever had Catalina dressing and it was really good!

Chicken Spaghetti - Anything Recipegirl makes is going to be good and this was no exception. Nice and creamy (we always sub Brent and Lil's special milk in these recipes) and was also enjoyed by all three of us. I had cooked a whole chicken in the crockpot earlier in the week so I used the leftover chicken in this recipe, which worked out perfectly. Lots of leftovers for all our lunches, too!

Pumpkin Cupcakes - I used some leftover pumpkin puree from another recipe in this baking recipe. They were really moist and soft, and of course the plus with recipes from this website is that they are reduced fat and better for you! I wasn't super crazy about the icing, I think when it comes to icing I enjoy a high fat, high sugar icing, but for being healthier it was good and the pumpkin flavoring went well with it! I baked them during Lilli's naptime today, but let her help me ice and decorate some of them so I think Brent got some cute pictures of that. She loves to help in the kitchen, with dishing, cooking, etc so she had a lot of fun icing and decorating them with candy corns and candy corn pumpkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment