Thursday, August 18, 2011

Here & There

Remember when Lilli accidentally spilled a bunch of flower seeds in my garden? Well, this is what it looks like now - A giant cluster of cosmos and 10-foot sunflowers right in the middle of my peppers and herbs. It's a little much for my taste, but they are nice for cut flowers. I planted flowers in the far end of my garden, but they haven't done as well as these so I haven't pulled them out (and have lost a few smaller herbs as a result).
I'd say it's been a boring week, but only boring in pictures. After nearly 5 years in the Retail Merchandising division of the company I work for, I started a new job earlier this week in the Publishing division. It's nice to work for a large company and have opportunities within it for growth and change, without losing all your perks and benefits and starting all over. I have a swanky new office with!! TWO !! windows on the 8th floor of one of the buildings. And I have my own thermostat for it, which is practically just as exciting. So far so good, it really combines a lot of what I've done in the past within the same company as well as the previous things I've done at my prior employer in the book industry. It's pretty full circle in a lot of ways.
Little Miss has had a good week and from the sound of it has been telling her teachers she's going to be riding an airplane soon. I think this year's vacation is going to be huge for her, this kid just loves airplanes. Last year she always loved being at the airport, but I don't think it ever settled in when we were on the planes and up in the air that we were actually in one. This year I think she will really get it. With this being her fourth flight vacation (she's flown to Kansas City, Chicago and Houston) she is really earning her wings.
I never have to ask on Thursdays if they had water play or not - the perfect ringlets tell the story. On Thursdays they put on their swimmies and splash around in wading pools and sprinklers and have a big time. Fridays is their Music n Motion class, and she always comes home singing lots of songs!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment