Friday, August 10, 2012

Bikes and Sweets

A few weeks ago (July 20) Brent took Lilli out for a big bike ride. We haven't gotten our bikes out all summer (since I've been pregnant and am a pretty clumsy person) so she was so excited to get to go for a long ride. First stop was to feed the ducks at Shelby Park.
At this point in the summer people are kind of over the ducks so they were all hungry and she had a big audience!
They rode all the way down to the "new" (a few years old now) bridge over the River.
Cumberland River gazing.
Another cyclist looking for a break saw Brent taking pictures of her and stopped to take a picture of the two of them together.
Then he told her to do a "funny face". I was really surprised that she did for a stranger!Dental hygiene! Very important for all!

That night we had dinner at Rotiers (mmmm, bologna sandwich on rye!) and then stopped at Krispy Kreme for donuts. I'd been dying for donuts for a couple of weeks.
See how happy I look here?Well, Baby was not so much happy. We bought a few dozen to take to church and share in our class the next morning. When we got in Lilli wanted one and when I opened the box to get her donut out the intense sugar smell just hit me and I lost it. So terrible to want something so bad and not even get to eat it before it makes you sick!! I think I literally lost about two pounds that night. And I'm STILL getting sick. Last night I got sick after we had Mexican, and I've been loving Mexican. I am so ready to get out of this sick stage!! (And I'm 16.5 weeks so it should be long over already!) Only 23 more weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment