Friday, July 30, 2010

Waffles and Go Karts

Today was just "one of those days". I got called a couple of times being told that Lilli had a light fever and just wasn't being herself. I finally said I'd come get her around 2:45 - we all have bad days, it just doesn't mean we really need to be sent home. Who do I get to call when she's being fussy??? Um, no one. She was super excited to see me and in a great mood, we got home had a snack, took a little ibuprofin for her teeth (they've really been bothering her - hence the 99 degree temp and irritableness) and got to playing. I also had the bombshell dropped on me this afternoon that she'd be moving up to the next room - Toddler 2 - on MONDAY. Um, wow. We LOVE her current teachers right now, so I'd be more than happy if she stayed in there forever! We knew it was inevitable since Tod 2 is 18-24 monthers, but that doesn't always necessarily mean anything if classes are full. Now instead of being 2nd oldest she'll be the youngest again, which of course always brings a few extra bumps and bruises. And now my days of prepping lunches and snacks are also over since food is provided in the next room. I'm just hoping it's food she likes! In the next class up they also start working on potty training and drinking with cups. I thought I should go ahead and work on the cup thing this afternoon - It's really not a big cup, it just looks big next to her! She did ok - a good bit when down the front of her but she's getting the concept of properly tilting it. Of course Pippin was nearby if any food or drink should go overboard....
Then of course we had to play with Baby. Both Baby and Pippin were promptly put to Nighty Night.
She looooves to play with my camera. She's been able to review the pictures on my card for quite a while now, but this week she's really been into taking pictures. I don't think she did a half bad job of catching me!
After Brent got home he did a little work on his pieces he has to drop off tomorrow for the Tomato Art Festival, and then we headed to Waffle House. Our favorite one is over by Opryland/Opry Mills. It's SO sad to go over there now after the flood since everything is still closed. We were the ONLY people eating there - the neighborhood all around was completely covered in water so there's few residents and no tourists. Our super friendly waitress said it's always empty. Once again Lilli was a major flirt and the hit of the empty restaurant - getting me a free glass of orange juice - woo hoo!! We do so well at Waffle House - we've got our little add a side of this and that and the 3 of us can eat off one combo meal for $12. NOT BAD! That's a lot of food we had, too!

I love Lilli's "get in my mouth waffle" face! Not sure why I have such a look of concentration just cutting up a waffle....
Afterwards we drove through the neighborhood and it was so sad to see the empty houses with big green X's on the door. This neighborhood is completely wiped out and there were some really pretty houses there. We thought we'd see if the Wax Museum was open for some oddball fun but it seems the lack of tourists has closed them....
So we went over to Grand Old Gold instead. She loved watching the Go Karts!
For some reason the big packs would make her laugh...
The first group we watched had quite a few riders, the couple we saw after weren't nearly as full.

Their golf course is really pretty, but we had pulled in around 8 (her bedtime) so we figured she'd be tired and fussy before we could finish a round so we'll have to go back later.Instead we went inside and played a few games. I found this "mini"Skeeball type thing and their games were just a quarter so we let her play a few rounds.
We let her stand up on the little thing and she could just toss them right in. She had so much fun with it! Of course Brent wanted high points she he held her over the bigger numbers, ha!
Sleepy little girl ended up with 3 tickets and held them all the way home.
Another fun Friday night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment