Sunday, August 1, 2010

Decks, Decks, Decks

Finally this one will have more pictures of the progress than anything else! Here's where it was at towards the end of the weekend, Brent's out there pouring concrete and finishing a few things now but I'm sure the dark, evening pictures are getting old. I think these pictures were taken around 5 pm.

Here's the side set of stairs to help with access to the front yard. When everything else is done I REALLY look forward to getting that little walkway done and planting a shade garden there and getting rid of the junk and mess that's been hanging around the last 4 years.Lilli took a great nap this afternoon - 12:15-3 pm, so I got to help quite a bit. I finished screwing in the decking boards throughout the deck. Of course Pippin was glad to supervise....
Then Brent put me on attaching the remaining balusters. He makes it look pretty easy, but I was able to work through 2 sections before Lilli woke up. It takes a lot of strength in holding the posts level and also screwing in the wood without it slipping. Of course Pippin was nearby....
I hung this section and one around the side before Lilli woke up. It was HOT today - my car said 101 this afternoon, ugh.
After her nap Lilli admired my handiwork! Luckily her big head can't fit through!
But her sippy cup can and she thought that was awesome....She loves the new deck and just runs and runs out there.
After she woke up I took her to the East Nashville Y for a while to swim and cool off. Their kiddie pool isn't my fave so we rarely go there, but for an outing just for her and I to get out of Brent's way it was fine. She had a blast and we ran into one of her former daycare classmates.
They had cleared the pool when I took this pic - TRUST me, it was packed today.
Here's the main steps.
And here's a view of the deck from the yard - looking good!!!
The steps need to be finished, the rest of the balusters attached (just one side section near the house), handrails for the stairs attached and then the balusters cut and top railings attached. Sounds like a lot, but it's coming along! We'll wait a couple of the weeks for the wood to dry and then stain it. And then - Relax on the new deck!!!! (Oh yeah - and landscape the whole yard....)

No comments:

Post a Comment